Sufism & Whirling Dervish Ceremonies for Festivals & Special Events
We are the member of a Sufi Lodge located in Istanbul and organise Whirling Dervish Ceremony in Istanbul, other cities in Turkey and All around the world for Festivals – Organisation & Special Events. If you want more information regarding the special dervish ceremony organisations; please send us an e-mail.
Known to the west as Whirling Dervishes, the Mevlevi Order was founded by Mevlana Rumi in the 13th century. The Order wrote of tolerance, forgiveness, and enlightenment. They survive today as a cultural brotherhood. They are not theatrical spectacles but sacred rituals. The ritual of the Mevlevi sect, known as the sema, is a serious religious ritual performed by Muslim priests in a prayer trance to Allah. Mevlevi believed that during the sema the soul was released from earthly ties, and able to freely and jubilantly commune with the divine. Dervish literally means “doorway” and is thought to be an entrance from this material world to the spiritual, heavenly world. The Whirling Dervishes played an important part in the evolution of Ottoman high culture.
Whirling Dervish Ceremony Musicians & Dervishes Group
** The number of Dervishes may change according to the organisation.
8 whirling dervishes ( 4 Male – 4 Female Dervishes )
1 leader semazen
8 musicians ( Ud – Ney – Kanun – Bendir and Vocals )
1 spiritual master,
1 tour manager
Mevlevi Ceremony Stages & Duration
- Naat-i Mevlàna (Eulogy 17th Century) – Ney Taksimi (flute improvisation)
- Peshrev (processional) – Ayin-i Sherif (Mevlevi “Mass”)
- 1 Selàm (first “greeting” dance) – 2 Selàm (second “greeting” dance)
- 3 Selàm (third “greeting” dance) – 4 Selàm (fourth “greeting” dance)
- Son Peshrev, Son Yuruk Semai (concluding dance) – Taksim (improvisation)
- Niyaz Illàhisi (thanksgiving Hymn) – Son Taksim (concluding improvisation)
- Kuran-i Kerim (the Glorious Koran)
Details & Requirements about the Ceremony;
The event it’s also a religious ceremony. That’s why it is strictly forbidden using alcoholic drinks during representation.The ceremony has to unroll in a silent place.
– Microphones of the professional quality
– p. a. system of the professional quality, mixer of the stage for monitors and 6 monitors on the stage
– Lights adapted to the stage
– Stands for musicians
– The dimension of the stage has to be at least 12 to 8 meters completely in the disposition of the dancers
– The dancing carpet is black or the surface of the stage has to be smooth and regular adapted to the rotating movement of the dancers
– The organiser has to supply the dressing rooms with drinks in amount that will be enough for the group.
– Hot meals (lunch and dinner without pork) for the group.
Bazaar Turkey – Les Arts Turcs Art Studio
Alemdar Mh. Incili Cavus St.
No: 19 Floor : 3 (Behind The Underground Cistern)
Contact : Mr. Alp or Mr. Nurdogan ( Phone : +90 544 220 10 22 )
E-mail : email@example.com
Google Maps : https://goo.gl/maps/uXuyRmELZsx
Whirling Dervish Ceremony by Les Arts Turcs in Paris France – 2013
National Theatre de Chaillot / Sur La Frontiere Festival -Paris